Thursday, November 22, 2007

Dance Me to the End of Love

Dance Me to the End of Love
Evening Mood painting
female nude reclining
flaming june painting
Tess's heart ached. There was no concealing from herself the fact that she loved Angel Clare, perhaps all the more passionately from knowing that the others had also lost their hearts to him. There is contagion in this sentiment, especially among women. And yet that same hungry heart of hers compassionated her friends. Tess's honest nature had fought against this, but too feebly, and the natural result had followed. ¡¡¡¡`I will never stand in your way, nor in the way of either of you!' she declared to Retty that night in the bedroom (her tears running down). `I can't help this, my dear! I don't think marrying is in his mind at all; but if he were even to ask me I should refuse him, as I should refuse any man.' ¡¡¡¡`Oh! would you? Why?' said wondering Retty. ¡¡¡¡`It cannot be! But I will be plain. Putting myself quite on one side, I don't think he will choose either of you.' ¡¡¡¡`I have never expected it - thought of it!'moaned Retty. `But O! I wish I was dead!' ¡¡¡¡The poor child, torn by a feeling which she hardly understood, turned to the other two girls who came upstairs just then. ¡¡¡¡`We be friends with her again,' she said to them. `She thinks no more of his choosing her than we do.'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dance Me to the End of Love"

Anonymous said...

Dance Me to the End of Love"

Anonymous said...

Dance Me to the End of Love"

Anonymous said...

Dance Me to the End of Love"