Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Jewel Casket

The Jewel Casket
The Kitchen Maid
The Lady of Shalott
the night watch by rembrandt
'Confound the woman!' said my aunt, 'she WON'T be quiet!') ¡¡¡¡'I never thought,' proceeded Annie, with a heightened colour, 'of any worldly gain that my husband would bring to me. My young heart had no room in its homage for any such poor reference. Mama, forgive me when I say that it was you who first presented to my mind the thought that anyone could wrong me, and wrong him, by such a cruel suspicion.' ¡¡¡¡'Me!' cried Mrs. Markleham. ¡¡¡¡('Ah! You, to be sure!' observed my aunt, 'and you can't fan it away, my military friend!') ¡¡
oil painting
¡¡'It was the first unhappiness of my new life,' said Annie. 'It was the first occasion of every unhappy moment I have known. These moments have been more, of late, than I can count; but not - my generous husband! - not for the reason you suppose; for in my heart there is not a thought, a recollection, or a hope, that any power could separate from you!'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Jewel Casket"