Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Gustav Klimt The Kiss painting

Gustav Klimt The Kiss painting
Steve Hanks Casting Her Shadows painting
That's right. Go ahead. There's lots of room for improvement in this settlement. . .and in the people too."
"Oh, I don't know," flashed Anne. To herself, or to her particular cronies, she might admit that there were some small imperfections, easily removable, in Avonlea and its inhabitants. But to hear a practical outsider like Mr. Harrison saying it was an entirely different thing. "I think Avonlea is a lovely place; and the people in it are very nice, too."
"I guess you've got a spice of temper," commented Mr. Harrison, surveying the flushed cheeks and indignant eyes opposite him. "It goes with hair like yours, I reckon. Avonlea is a pretty decent place or I wouldn't have located here; but I suppose even you will admit that it has some faults?"
"I like it all the better for them," said loyal Anne

No comments: