Thursday, April 2, 2009

Edward Hopper Lighthouse Hill

Edward Hopper Lighthouse HillEdward Hopper Hotel RoomEdward Hopper Hotel Lobby
Alcohol is a snare for the spirit. Would you care for a cigarette? I believe you people indulge.’
‘Not me. If I was to tell you what that stuff does to your lungs -‘ Ridcully unscrewed the very tip of his hat and poured a generous measure of brandy into it.
‘So, ‘ he saidBehind them, the priests and the wizards were screaming chin to chin.
The Chief Priest moved a little closer.
‘I think I could be strong enough to master and defeat just a little snare,’ he said. ‘I haven’t felt like this since Mrs Cake was one of my flock.’ ‘Mrs Cake? What’s a Mrs Cake?’, ‘what’s happening?’‘We had an altar float up into the air and drop on us.’ ‘A chandelier unscrewed itself. Everything’s unscrewing itself. You know, I saw a suit of clothes run past on the way here? Two pairs of pants for seven dollars!’‘Hmm. Did you see the label?’‘Everything’s throbbing, too. Notice the way everything’s throbbing?’‘We thought it was you people.’‘It’s not magic. Suppose the gods aren’t more than usually unhappy?’‘Apparently not.’

No comments: